Saturday, May 9, 2009

Goodbye Ink and Paper Vingt Quatre




How many times have I been around ?

Recycled papers paving the ground

Well, she lives for the written word

And people come second, or possibly third

And there is no style, but I say "well done"

To the Girl Least Likely To

Deep in my heart, how I wish I was wrong

But deep in my heart, I know I am not

And there's enough gloom in her world, I'm certain

Without my contribution

So I sit, and I smile, and I say "well done"

To the Girl Least Likely To

Page after page of sniping rage

"There's a publisher," she said, "...in the new year"

(It's never in this year)I do think this, but I can't admit it

To the Girl Least Likely To

One more song with no technique

One more song which seems all wrong ...and the news is bad again

See me as I am again

So how many times will I shed a tear ?

And another stage of verse to cheer

When you shine in the public eye, my dear

Please remember these nights

When I sit and support with a dutiful smile

Because there's nothing I can say

So chucking, churning, and turning the knife

On everything (except their own life)

And a clock somewhere strikes midnight

And an explanation - it drains me

If only there could be a way

There is a different mood all over the world

A different youth, unfamiliar views

And dearest, it could all be for you

So will you come down and I'll meet you ?

And with no more poems, with nothing to hear

Oh darling, it's all for you...Darling, it's all for you ...


Beautiful Chaos

1 comment: